REGISTRATION IS NOW FULL FOR THE 12:20pm TOUR
Contact us at LF@living-future.org with any questions.
PRICING: $30 + $8.10 round-trip ferry ticket
- Depart Seattle Ferry Terminal: 12:20pm (be sure to arrive at the terminal 15 minutes early to purchase your ferry ticket and board) and arrive on Bainbridge at 12:55pm.
- Board our bio-diesel fueled eco shuttle, to/from Heron Hall
- Board Return Ferry to Seattle: 2:55pm or 3:50pm (your choice)
- ~35 minute ferry ride back to Seattle Ferry Terminal
Downtown Seattle Ferry Terminal to Bainbridge Island (801 Alaskan Way)
- There is no transportation to and from the Westin.
- All attendees boarding the ferry must also purchase their $8.10 R/T ferry ticket
- If attendees live on Bainbridge, they can meet at the Bainbridge Ferry Terminal upon its arrival on the Island in order to catch our bio-diesel fueled eco-shuttle to Heron Hall.
is the new home of Jason F. McLennan and his family. As a registered LBC project, Heron Hall embodies the philosophy of sustainable architecture through high performance systems and elegant design. Serving as a teaching tool as well as a private residence, the project is raising the bar for future homes.
The structure uses salvaged materials alongside cutting-edge products – the vast majority of which are sourced from within a tight radius of the project site. A rainwater cistern provides all needed water and composting toilets process waste efficiently. The project uses strategies such as passive solar and natural ventilation to lower the operating energy required for this beautiful home. Be among the first to tour the completed building and hear the founder of the Living Building Challenge discuss his philosophy in action.
Learn more: www.heronhall.com